Buy Online or Call: (800) 648-7239
High Quality Rechargeable Batteries, Battery Chargers, Flashlights, And Mobile Energy Products

Horizon Battery
1001 Lower Landing Rd Ste 101
Blackwood,NJ 08012
1-800-648-7239
Click to Verify
Official PayPal Seal
Horizon Battery is upfront
Bookmark and Share

Lithium Batteries Now Available at Horizon Battery

We’ve added several types of primary batteries to our arsenal of products. The Ansmann Extreme Lithium Batteries are sure to be a winner for those who are looking for high quality lithium batteries. These batteries last 7X longer than standard alkaline batteries and are much lighter.  Another benefit is that our lithium batteries have a shelf life of over 10 years.

Lest you forget, we still advocate the use of rechargeable batteries whenever possible.  Over time, a rechargeable battery will still be the best money saving (and planet-saving) investment you can make.

So, when should you use a high-capacity lithium battery? We recommend using them for outdoors devices  – particularly those exposed to low temperatures. The new Ansmann lithium batteries have a use range of -40°C and +60°C.   Therefore, the Lithium Battery is excellent adapted for outdoor use such as weather stations, thermometers, etc.

For those of you that are not able to remember to change your smoke detector batteries every six months, then consider a lithium battery.  Remember, we still recommend you check your batteries every six months and use a low-self discharge rechargeable battery like the Max-E batteries.

Whether to use a primary lithium battery versus a rechargeable battery will always come back to price, convenience, and conscience.  To buy a battery charger will always cost a little more up front, but in the long haul, you’ll save big time.

The new AnAnsmann Lithium Batteriessmann Extreme lithium batteries are available in AAA, AA and 9V. The AA lithium batteries are available in either a 2 pk or 4 pk blister.  9V’s are available in a 1-pkblister and the AAA’s are available in a 2-pk blister.

Finally, you’ll love the pricing.  For years, Energizer and Duracell have been charging outrageous amounts for lithium batteries.  For example, you’ll find Energizer AA’s going for around $6.25 for a two-pack.

We offer Ansmann lithium AA’s 2-pk  for only $4.99  Our 9V’s and AAA’s are also comparable in price – so be sure to check them out.

25 Responses to “Lithium Batteries Now Available at Horizon Battery”

1. Debra says:

Really? Is it possible for these batteries to have a life of ten years? The next thing that naturally comes to mind is do these particular batteries maintain their charging capacity throughout a decade. I don’t expect perfection, just some batteries that will perform relatively the same throughout their life. And if that is really ten years, please recommend the best AA batteries you have, cause I want to buy them for my military issue head light.

2. Oscar says:

These batteries have a shelf life of ten years but do they last that long if they are being used everyday? The pricing that you mentioned at the end of your article is really great especially if they last 7x longer than other batteries. Do you have garage door opener remote batteries that last this long? How is it that smoke detector batteries last so long anyway?

3. James says:

I agree with you on the rechargeable batteries thing. But there are some things you just can’t use them in isn’t there? Would you use rechargables in a smoke detector or garage door opener? I don’t think I would because the older they get the faster they lose their charge. Why is that anyway, because they haven’t been discharged completely or something?

4. Katherine says:

I am trying to decipher which model of recharger and which type of AA rechargeable batteries to buy for my flash lights. I would like to have a set of batteries for each of my flash lights – one in each light and one set charging in the recharger, so that I always have a spare set ready at full power, and so I don’t have to go to the store after I find Im out of power.

5. Edgar says:

I agree that you should use rechargeable batteries when ever you can but there are just some things I wouldn’t want to trust them to. Would you use rechargables in a smoke detector or garage door opener? All of the rechargeable batteries that I have used always seem to lose their charge the older they get so I just wouldn’t trust it at all.

6. Carol says:

It is amazing that these batteries have a shelf life of ten years. Is that continuous use or are they off part of the time. Why do nine volt batteries last longer than triple or double A batteries? When you are looking for lithium batteries do they come in every size? The pricing that you mentioned at the end of your article is really great especially if they last 7x longer than other batteries.

7. Brian says:

This is a very reasonable price for these high quality lithium batteries. I am inclined to pay for a few packs since they can last up to ten years. But if the rechargeable batteries sold on this site have any where near the kind of life of the ones featured in this article, I think I will opt for something I can reuse so that I always have a spare ready and so I don’t have to make a run to the store unexpectedly.

8. Cheryl says:

I get so tired of buying batteries all the time because the battery companies want you money so they don’t make the like they used to. I am going to research these lithium ones though because if it is true that they last about 7x’s longer than a regular battery it would be worth the money. Are the rechargeable batteries for garage door openers?

9. Annette says:

Everything these days takes some kind of battery either to run or for backup power. If what you are saying about these is in fact the truth and you can get 7x more life out of them and they have a shelf life of ten years why would you buy anything else? I don’t think the prices on these are that much worse than other batteries for what you get.

10. Gary says:

I noticed that there are a lot of the featured products on clearance sale, such as the Ansmann 2200 mah AA 4pk. I would like to know if this particular four pack is compatible with your best rechargers – the ones that you featured in another article (sorry, I cannot recall the name of that recharger). Also (and I realize I may be asking for too much), do you intend to put any recharging units on clearance sale?

11. Joan says:

It sounds as though you really like the rechargeable batteries, are they lithium as well? I do know that I get really tired of buying batteries all the time. I am going to research these lithium ones though because if it is true that they last about 7x’s longer than a regular battery it would be worth the money. Why are batteries so expensive.

12. Amy says:

What are the prices on these like? Since everything these days takes some kind of battery either to run or for backup power and these are supposed to last 7x longer it would be nice if they weren’t so expensive that you can’t afford them. What exactly is the 10 year shelf life for, or what does it mean? Is there anything that last longer than lithium.

13. Milton says:

This was a very interesting blog and you offer a lot of helpful information in it about lithium batteries that I never knew. I had no idea that they lasted so long. Are they the ones that are in remote control cars and things? They must have improved these over the years because I remember when they weren’t so great and they didn’t last that long.

14. admin says:

Yes — up to 10 year shelf life which if you need to use a primary battery , this is the way to go.

15. admin says:

No … the 10 years is the shelf life only. The actual amount of run-tim for the battery is dependnet upon the draw of the electronic device you are using.

16. admin says:

Max E rechargeable batteries work just fine for smoke detectors and garage door openers. You should change them every six months.

17. admin says:

Carl – Currently primary lithium batteries are available in AA, AAA and 9V size.

18. admin says:

AGREED! Use rechargeable wherever possible!

19. admin says:

Use Max E rechargeables for garage door openers. Change them every six months

20. John says:

Would you choose lithium batteries for toys or would you go with the rechargables? I have done both and it seems they last about the same amount of time, the only difference is the older the rechargeable batteries get the shorter the charge lasts, but on the other hand I don’t have to buy new ones all the time. Do you have an opinion at all?

21. John says:

Lithium batteries are by far the best batteries to purchase. They may be a little more expensive than the others but they do last a lot longer, I know this from experience. My children have a lot of toys that require batteries and I was buying batteries all the time until I got the lithium batteries, now the toys keep running for months on end.

22. Megan says:

You know a lot about batteries. I read your blog awhile back about the rechargeable batteries and the E-battery (or something like that) and they have both been great blogs full of information. Like I said you know what you are talking about when it comes to batteries. Great job and keep up the good work I look forward to more of your information busting blogs in the future.

23. admin says:

Gary, All niMH batteries are compatible with our chargers. Right now, we do not have any plans to place our chargers on clearance.