Buy Online or Call: (800) 648-7239
High Quality Rechargeable Batteries, Battery Chargers, Flashlights, And Mobile Energy Products

Horizon Battery
1001 Lower Landing Rd Ste 101
Blackwood,NJ 08012
1-800-648-7239
Click to Verify
Official PayPal Seal
Horizon Battery is upfront
Bookmark and Share

Rechargeable Battery – Finding The Best Rechargeable Battery

We’re continuing to expand consumer education of the effective use of the rechargeable battery in a new 3 part video series just released yesterday.  In Part I, we explore the differences between high drain and low drain devices as well as understanding run-time, pattern of use, and cost comparisons to alkaline batteries. We’ve also included a helpful link for a “Rechargeable Battery Checklist” which makes it very easy to categorize electronic devices for those who are looking to make the switch to rechargeables.

Although we’ve found that most people  make the switch to rechargeables do so by first using them for one device, this informative video explains how easy it is to convert your entire household, business or organization over to rechargeable batteries.  In Part II and III we explore the different types of rechargeable batteries and how to choose the best charger.  Feel free to pass it on to your family and friends.

19 Responses to “Rechargeable Battery – Finding The Best Rechargeable Battery”

1. Harriet says:

Thank you for this very informative video. I had not previously thought about the differences in low and hi drain devices. Nor did I realize that there have been new advancements in rechargeable battery technology. My past experiences with rechargeable batteries have not been good. And even though my past experiences date back to well over ten years ago, I’m afraid this that old technology has affected my faith in rechargeable batteries, but because of this site, I am becoming more educated.

2. Richard says:

I switched our household to rechargeable batteries when my son was just a baby because he started getting quite the collection of toys that required batteries and the longer he played with them the more they died and I was buying batteries all the time. Rechargeable batteries are the greatest thing going and if they improve on them I go out and replace the ones I had.

3. Curt says:

Rechargeable batteries are the best thing sense buttered bread. Before I got these batteries I was buying batteries every week when I bought my groceries. You have a great article here and the more improvements they make to these batteries the more people are going to purchase them. I have read your other blogs on batteries and I look forward to your next one.

4. Maurine says:

Apparently from what I just watched, there are more things you should consider besides the brand of batteries and of the recharging unit. I just spent a considerable amount of money on a military grade head lamp, which has three different setting levels for strength. It uses two AA batteries. I tend to use it for short periods of time, but I do use it every night. What’s the best type of recharger to buy?

5. Sandra says:

Okay. That was a mini crash course. That is quite a bit to consider. It really makes you think about details you would not otherwise ponder. Now that I know to look on the package of batteries for the milli amp hours, I feel like I can now make a smarter, more informed buying decision. But does this measurement apply to rechargeable batteries or just for alkaline batteries? Armed with this info, I feel more confident about rechargables.

6. admin says:

Both rechargeable and alkaline batteries are rated in milliamp hours (mah)

7. admin says:

Maurine — stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3 to be posted shortly.

8. Mary says:

They make rechargeable batteries for everything these days and I have to admit I am very happy about it. My son and husband have a lot of electronic gadgets and the more of them I can get rechargeable batteries for the better off I am going to be. Thank you for this write up on them I have learned a lot from your previous write ups as well.

9. Jose says:

I have seen a lot of articles on batteries here lately and I was wondering if you recommend rechargeable batteries for toys or not? I have triplets and they all have the same toys so I of course need three times the batteries which is getting very expensive so I was thinking about rechargables, what would you do?

10. Susan says:

Would you recommend rechargeable batteries for things like remotes and toothbrushes etc. we have them for our camera and some toys but I wasn’t sure how long they would last if you have them in something that you use everyday for hours on end. What is the difference between rechargeable batteries and re-conditioned? Is there a difference?

11. admin says:

Use low self-discharge for the remotes and toothbrushes. Reconditioning is the process that certain chargers like the Energy 16 or Energy 8+ provide a help to increase battery life of a rechargeable battery.

12. admin says:

Definitely switch your toys over to Max E rechargeable batteries (low self discharge batteries for optimal savings

13. Ellsworth says:

You have had a few blog posts on rechargeable batteries and they have all been very educational. I have not yet jumped on the rechargeable band wagon because my experience with them is they don’t stay charged very long after you run them down and do the initial recharge on them. This may just be the kind that I have purchased but still.

14. Sabrina says:

I have seen your blog on the reconditioned batteries and the machine that discharges them and that information plus this was very informative and I appreciate the fact that you pointed out the good and bad of each, not just the good in hopes of getting more sales on the batteries you are selling. You have done a great job all around on your blogs.

15. Sean says:

I would have a lot more rechargeable batteries I think if I had kids with toys or a lot of electronics that required them but I just don’t have that many things that require batteries anymore. I have collected a lot of information over the years though and if I do decide to go all rechargeable ones of these days then I have the information I need to do it.

16. Scott says:

You have had a few blog posts on rechargeable batteries and they have all been very educational. My experience with them is they don’t stay charged very long after you run them down and do the initial recharge on them. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have the wrong kind of batteries. If I could find one that actually worked I would get them and give them a try.

17. Debra says:

18. Scott says:

Rechargeable batteries have to be more environmentally friendly right? You don’t have to buy batteries all the time so you aren’t throwing them away either filling the landfills with them where they do not degrade. I am thinking that the rechargeable batteries is definitely the way to go in that case. Thank you for posting all the information that you have over the past.

19. admin says:

You are using an inferior brand of rechargeable batteries. Try using a high capacity rechargeable battery like Ansmann.